As a Life Coach I am constantly looking for new and innovative ways to help my clients “Ride from the ordinary to the “Extraordinary”. As a Yoga enthusist I was impressed with a recent book titled “The Yoga Weight Loss Secrets”.
Can you lose weight with Yoga? Maybe the best way to answer that question is by another question. Have you ever seen a fat Yoga practioner? Although exercises burn fewer calories than say jogging this is only part of the story. Yoga is really about a life style change. No I don’t mean you have to move to India and spend all day comtemplating you naval.
Let’s look at some facts:
* Most weight loss diets only bring temporary results.
* If you take some diet pills, you may lose weight because your appetite is temporarily suppressed.
* When you stop taking the pills your appetite will return and you will be faced with the same problem.
* Diet pills are a short term solution, and in some cases may even be harmful to you.
* If you adopt an extreme weight loss diet you may get dramatic results while you stay on the diet, but if you live a normal life, surrounded by your family and friends, you probably will not be able to stay on that diet for a long time.
* As soon as you quit the diet and return to your old ways, you will gain weight again.
* Many weight loss diets, are not healthy and can even be harmful.
For long term weight loss you need to go to the root of the problem and make changes in your life and lifestyle. Excess weight in our society is mostly due to a sedentary lifestyle and poor selection of food.
Why? Because yoga is not a conventional sport or exercise. Yoga is a system of personal transformation on all levels, physical, mental and spiritual.The effects of yoga is to make deep rooted changes in your inner being.
If you learn how to apply yoga to your life you will get a long term solution to the problem of achieving self control and self fulfillment. Without any special equipment you will be able to do exercises that keep you in shape, you will learn how to do meditation that will put your mind at peace, you will become internally balanced, and you will make the choices that are right for you.